OKEMOS PUBLIC SCHOOLS
FACILITY USE PROCEDURES
The following information explains our policies and procedures for Okemos Public Schools use of facilities. You will receive a confirmation of procedures once your request has been approved. Please note, under special circumstances, your event may be cancelled or moved. This is done as a last resort due to a school scheduling conflict or severe weather.
- If your event is not during regular school hours, and lasts beyond the regularly scheduled custodial day, you will incur custodial overtime charges. Saturdays after 1:00 pm for Chippewa and Kinawa and Okemos High School after 4 pm. We do not staff our buildings on Sundays, therefore, custodial overtime charges are for the entire day. For all events, charges start at arrival to the facility and end when the school has been cleaned for the next day.
- If you are reserving the cafeteria, access to the kitchen is not allowed.
- When using the auditorium, it is mandatory that an Okemos School district technician provide lighting and sound. You must notify the technician of your event at least two weeks prior to the event date.
- If your event is scheduled during the winter, please be advised that if the parking lot has to be plowed specifically for your event, you will be charged for that service.
- Once your facility use has been approved, payment in full must be made at least 7 days prior to the date of your event. You will be billed approximately 1-2 weeks after your event if you have incurred additional custodial or technician charges.
- If you have requests for equipment made after your use of facility has been approved, it is your responsibility to contact the facility coordinator.